tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 04 18:06:18 1998

Re: introduction

At 05:42 98-02-03 -0800, Chakotay wrote:
}Qapla' fellow Klingonists,
}
}I have always been very interested in Star Trek, and at the most in the
}Klingons. recently I found the Klingon Language Institute, and ordered the
}Dictionary. from the KLI site I have already learned how to write and
}pronounce Klingon, the problem is that I don't know (yet) what I write or
}say ;-)

Hmm, Qoblaw' - seems dangerous.

}many of the "difficult" sounds in Klingon like [r], [gh] and [H] are also
}present in Dutch (as [r], [r] and [ch] respectively), my native language,
}making learning to pronounce it quite a bit easier.

There are some honourable Klingon speakers in the Netherlands.  With a
little luck some one will live close by.

}at first I won't be posting too much, simply because I can't speak Klingon
}yet, but I hope to become more active later on.

Once you get that dictionary you'll ant to test out the grammar.  This is a
good place to do it.  If you include "KLBC" in the subject line of a
message, the Beginner's Grammarian, currently me, will reply to give you
advice on your tlhIngan Hol usage.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level