tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 04 18:05:39 1998

Re: How would you translate this?

At 15:00 98-02-02 -0800, Spiffy Guy wrote:
}How would you translate "but set an example" into klingon?  I don't
}think there is a word for example.  Also, is there a recent list of the
}newest klingon words on the 'net some where?  Thanks.

This looks like a piece of a thought, hard to translate without the rest of it.
I'd likely say something like {batlh vang} - "act with honour" or {SuvwI'
Dachu'} "behave perfectly as a warrior" in the right contexts.  Have to have
context.

The unpublished words are on the KLI website, www.kli.org is the homepage. I
haven't got the exact URL memorized and you can find it as easily as I.  The
words published in his latest book, Klingon for the Galactic Traveler are
not on the website because the person who maintains the list felt that the
wordlist constituted a significant part of the published work, and thus
could not be retransmitted without breaking copyright law.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level