tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 02 22:03:55 1998

Re: X (pronoun) X'e' in other languages

In a message dated 98-02-01 23:44:25 EST, mughtej writes:

<< Has anyone else on this list noticed that the way Klingon translates
 [noun-X is|are noun-Y] is similar to the way that Arabic,
 Classical=Biblical Hebrew and Maltese do?
 [noun-X pronoun(that agrees with the subject) noun-Y]
 I think that Marc Okrand got this idea from these languages.

----peHruS states----
I agree that there is much evidence Marc Okrand knows a lot about these
languages.  He quite apparently knows a lot about a lot of languages!!!

paq 'oH Dochvam'e' also matches Mayan.  Even the particle -'e' is spelled and
pronounced the same way in Mayan.  It is 'e' in Mayan, too.

peHruS

Back to archive top level