tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 02 12:45:13 1998

Re: jIloS.

According to David Trimboli:

qatlho'.

> Another might be
>
> QoQ muchlu'taHvIS, wa' Dol wImoj jIH QoQ je.
> When there's music playing, the music and I become one.

maj. vIparHa'.

> >Perhaps, tay'chuq QoQ jIH je works better.
>
> That would be {matay'}, not {tay'chuq}.  {tay'chuq} is "be together each
> other," which makes no sense.

Okay:

tlhoS matay' QoQ jIH je.

> >Also, there's {qat}.  jImI'DI' muqat QoQ.
>
> I like that, except it literally means, "As soon as I dance (move about),
> the music wraps me."  {qat} is not "wrap around."

Check the word list in KGT. While TKD says, "wrap", KGT says,
"encase". That does imply "wrap around".

> To use this metaphor, I'd
> word it thus:
>
> jImI'taHvIS jIHDaq QoQ qatlu'.
> While I dance (move about), music is wrapped around me.

Daj. loQ vIpar. jInIDqa':

jImI'taHvIS muDuQ QoQ 'ey. tIqwIj tebqu'. buy'DI' tIqwIj,
tebtaH QoQ. QoQ'e' ngaSlaHbe'bogh tIqwIj vIghomHa'meH, jImI'nIS.

rut jImer'egh.

> I don't know if {jIHvaD} would be preferrable to {jIHDaq}.  I like {jIHDaq}
> in that wrapping is occurring at the location of me.

jIyajlaw' 'ach loQ jIQoch. Huj.

> >I don't think I'd use SIgh (TKW 170) here, even though the music does
> >definitely influence how I dance.
>
> jImI'taHvIS muSIghtaH QoQ.
> While I'm dancing, the music influences me.
>
> It works, but is not as evocative.  It is literal only.

bIjatlhchu'.

> SuStel
> Stardate 98088.8

charghwI'