tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 02 10:38:53 1998

Re: SoSwI' be'nI'

On Sun, 1 Feb 1998 00:04:23 -0800 (PST) [email protected] wrote:

> In a message dated 98-01-29 17:51:54 EST, charghwI' writes:
>
> << cheghbej qa'lIj,  >>
>
> -----peHruS queries-----
> Isn't {qa'} sentient?

Yes. I was mistaken in my choice of suffix.

> And, does {qa'} mean "spirits" as in emotions, or does
> it only mean "one's spirit," that which is similary to the indescribable
> "soul"?

I meant spirit, as in soul. I did not mean simple emotion.

> I would think that your sentence indicates resurrection from the dead!!!  Your
> spirit/soul will return into your body.

I meant that I've essentially been among the walking dead for
some time, continuing to function as the body needs, but missing
the soul. My soul returns now, especially when I'm dancing.

> peHruS

charghwI'

Back to archive top level