tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 01 01:00:40 1998

Re: WORDS (ridges etc)

In a message dated 98-01-30 20:09:20 EST, Qov writes:

<< I've seen HuDHomDu' used to describe forehead ridges.  Consider also
 {ghegh}, as you probably have. >>

---peHruS continues---

I never before considered such constructions as gheghwI'Du'.  Being part of
debates on this listserv has caused me to reread our source materials many
times.  This can be very revealing.

When I first encountered {Sev} in TKD, I thought it meant that a particular
place contains an enemy, thus making it a dangerous place.  KGT clarifies that
{Sev} means to constrict an enemy's position.  So, now whenever I play chess,
I use the word {Sev} for "cause zugzwang".

May we keep on gaining clearer insight.

peHruS

Back to archive top level