tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 09 08:03:37 1998

Re: Locatives and {-bogh} (was Re: KLBC Poetry)

Hee hee!  I happened to open a translation of Beowulf just now, and the VERY
first sentence I read was this (near the beginning; my translation says it
is section IV, though I don't know if the sections are part of the original
or a device of the translator):

"That struggle was too hard, too hateful and lasting, which fell on the
people -- fierce hostile opposition, greatest of night woes."

I was not thinking about the mental stack discussion when I came upon this.
I thought it was amusing.

SuStel
Stardate 98109.3

Back to archive top level