tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 15 18:48:29 1998

RE: KLBC: pIqaD question, and thanks to all

lab ta'HoS:

> Hmmm. Very interesting. I have been looking at the font very
> closely (since I'm using it for the translation on the bus.
> cards) and have noticed, in fact, that there seem to be some
> symbols missing. Specifically, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0. This font
> name is KlingonTNG from the Altsys Metamorphosis 8-22-94.
> Perhaps these symbols are missing because they were never
> created in the first place?
>
> I also noticed that there is a font collection available from
> KLI. I'm wondering if the numeral symbols are not missing.

I strongly reccommend the KLI font disk. A quirk of copyright law allows
anyone to basically copy a font and resell it under a different name, but
quality almost always suffers. Your font may be a copy of some version of
the KLI font. It may also be something licensed directly from Paramount,
which does not guarantee particularly good quality either.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level