tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 15 17:14:05 1998

Re: KLBC: pIqaD question, and thanks to all

Hmmm. Very interesting. I have been looking at the font very closely (since
I'm using it for the translation on the bus. cards) and have noticed, in
fact, that there seem to be some symbols missing. Specifically, 3, 6, 7, 8,
9, 0. This font name is KlingonTNG from the Altsys Metamorphosis 8-22-94.
Perhaps these symbols are missing because they were never created in the
first place?

I also noticed that there is a font collection available from KLI. I'm
wondering if the numeral symbols are not missing.

Qapla'

ta'HoS

Finally, just so you know, this is NOT the font or the system used by
Michael
Okuda and his team of graphic artists at Paramount.  He has never committed
pinning down just how pIqaD works so as to give him an artist's leeway to
arrange the letters esthetically on displays, without having to worry about
linguistic accuracy.  We don't even know whether it is an alphabet (like
the
KLI system), a syllabary, a collection of ideograms (like Chinese) or a
mixture
of these (like Japanese or ancient Egyption).
Qapla'

Back to archive top level