tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 11 15:06:59 1998

Re: Klingon Bird of Prey (KBP) poster: THE TEXT!

[email protected] wrote:

> In a message dated 12/9/1998 1:23:03 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
> [email protected] writes:
>
> << >> 'aqroS qughDo: pIvlob Hut vI' vagh
>  >> Maximum Crusing Speed - Warp 9.5
>  >
>  >New word for "maximum".
>  >
>  New word, but what _is_ it?  If it's an adjective, why does it
>  precede the noun?  It appears to be a noun itself, but I can't
>  work out any sort of meaning that makes sense. "The cruising
>  speed of the maximum amount"???
>   >>

> mI' 'oH pab perDaj'e' 'e' vIHar
> mu'mey {latlh Hoch pagh} je rur
>
> SKI:  I think its a NUMBER.
>
> peHruS

Dajqu'. mI' rur /'aqroS/ 'e' qatlh DaHar? DIpmey rur latlh Hoch pagh je, vaj DIp rurba' 'aqroS.

where is the problem? i see /'aqroS/ as a noun like /Hoch/. if you follow your rule of interpreting /'aqroS/ (The cruising speed
of the maximum amount), how would you translate the TKW canon example "Hoch 'ebmey tIjon" - "capture oportunities of the all"?

  voqbe'wI'

Back to archive top level