tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 10 15:09:23 1998

Re: Doch vISIQ

>> Dochvam labbogh ghunchu'wI' 'e' vIHevbe'.  taQ.

>nuqjatlh? ...

>Maybe it is an accidentally detached suffix {-'e'}. Then the
>sentence would mean "I did not receive the ghunchu'wI' who sent
>this thing." taQ Dajatlh 'ej jIQochbe'chu'. taQqu' mu'tlheghlIj.

how about:

lab ghunchu'wI' 'ach QInDaj vIHevbe'.

better?

>> vIwuqbe'.  De'wI' pIn luwuq.  qach ngo' <token ring> ngo' 'ej Do QIv.

>nuqjatlh? I see three nouns, each followed by three adjectival
>verbs with a verb conjunction stuffed between the last two of
>these noun phrases. I don't begin to understand.

As you noted later in this, when I am distracted I really mess up my
word order, I'll try again:

vIwuqbe'.  luwuq De'wI' pIn .  ngo' <token ring> 'ej QIv DoDaj.

>> chaq.  jonwI'pu' law' ru' neH.

>nuqjatlh? "He is merely temporary - many engineers."? "He wants
>many temporary engineers." - breaking rules to say this?

I was going for "many of the engineers are only temporary".
Again, I forget my word order - I guess I need to keep practicing!

ru' neH jonwI' law' - any closer???

>> HIja'.  naDev <network> jonwI' rap chamwI'.
>> 'oH pong 'e' neH.

>Don't use {'e'} with {neH}. Hmmm. Maybe you just have hickups
>and it SOUNDS like you are saying {'e'}? Just insert them into
>random sentences... But then, THIS sentence wouldn't mean
>anything without it. Maybe you meant {pongDaj 'oH neH.}? "It is
>merely his name."

Well, not HIS name, but only A name.  What would you sugest for that?

>> DaHjaj paw neH jan bIrtaH.

>If you are using {bIr} to describe {jan} as "cold", you can't
>use {-taH} on it. Only {-qu', -be', -Ha'} are allowed on verbs
>when they are used adjectivally.

A devise that is continually cold - the refridgerator.

How about just <bIrmoHwI'>???

>> wa'Hu' quS law' paw.

>You really need to work on your word order. Lots.

Agreed.  More practice...

>> wejHu' paw qa'vIn chenmoHwI'.

>maj. chaq bIlabqa'pa' qa'vIn DatlhutlhnIS.

See, sometimes I DO get it right...maybe more <qa'vIn>...

>> vIngrupbe' 'ach jIHvaD bep Hoch.
>> nachwIj 'oy'moH Dochmeyvam.

>bIwuQtaHlaw'mo' jIbelHa'.

bIbelHa'mo', qathlo'.