tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 10 07:12:30 1998

RE: KLBC -- Glass eating!

Hu' lab ter'eS:

> Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 14:21:36 -0600
> From: Terrence Donnelly <[email protected]>
> Subject: RE: KLBC -- Glass eating!

> The original source (probably) of the posting in your dorm is the
> "I Can Eat Glass" Website (http://hcs.harvard.edu/~igp/glass.html).
> There, the Klingon offering is /HIvje' mep vISoplaH.  mu'oy'moHbe'./
> No contributer is given, so I don't know where this translation came from.
> The unknown writer used "drinking-glass plastic" for "glass".  I'm not
> sure I like this.  Maybe /HIvje' Hap/ would be closer.  Also, /'oy'/
> refers to the feeling of pain, while "does not hurt me" really seems to
> be referring to physical harm.  I'd probably use /HIvje' Hap vISoplaH.
> murIQmoHbe'/.

ben vImughta'. tI'qanglu'chugh, jImoghbe'.

lab nIchyon, DaH rInmo' QeD ghItlh'a'Daj.

---
  Nick Nicholas, [email protected]     Linguistics
  http://www.lexicon.net/opoudjis              University of Melbourne
  "There is a danger, my dear Neophron, that they will go further, and
   conceive a contempt for the stress-accent as something very trivial,
   and will decree that any group of words of any kind is a verse."
  --- Maximos Planudes, predicting free verse and worse, late xiii AD.

Back to archive top level