tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 08 18:38:49 1998

Re: Fw: walls (& poster)

>> cha' choQmey naQ tu'lu' 'ej tep choQ bIngDaq lo' law' bID choQ tu'lu'
>> 2 Full Decks and a Half Utility Deck unter the Cargo Deck
>
> !!! CANON FOR bID/HALF !!!
> We didn't have bID canon yet, did we?
>
> DloraH

Nope. This is the first time Okrand has used it.  Note that we still don't
know how to say - or even if we can say - something like "three and a half
pies"

	wej bID chab(mey) (?) [also: "three half-pies"!]
	wej chab bID chab je (?)
	wej vI' vagh chabmey (?)

but we *can* now confidently say "half a pie, a half-pie" {bID chab}.

BTW, I think the argument over the placement of {bID} in KBP has
misunderstood {lo' law' bID choQ}.  I read this as "a multiple purpose
half-deck": N Qual + N + N in Klingon.

{lo' law'} is used a second time in KBP (Technical callout #3):

	lo' law' lojmIt
	Utility Hatch

This is the bridge hatch we saw in ST4 "The Voyage Home" which Kirk et al.
used to exit the bridge after the BoP crashed into San Francisco Bay.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level