tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 01 21:17:48 1998

Re: KLBC (was:Re: BATLH TLHINGAN HOL VIJATL

ja' [email protected]:
>You brought up an interesting question...if chegh is used solely to refer to
>returning "to a place", how *would* one  refer to returning a salute, or a
>phone call, or something similar?

Why is the word "return" important?  chovan; qavan.  chorI'; qarI'.  nap.

>  I suppose one could say that a salute was
>given, and that this was the reason I saluted...but it seems rather ...bulky.

chovanmo' qavan.  *I* don't see this as particularly bulky.  Klingon is
very good at conveying lots of information by adding short syllables.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level