tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 27 16:48:06 1998

Re: KLBC - mu'tlheghmey *random* vIchenmoH

>ja' ghunchu'wI':
>
>> Isn't the slang term {chab chu'} "new pie", not just {chab}?  I'm sure
>> that's how I remember it, but I have searched KGT from cover to cover
>> without finding it mentioned anywhere.
>>
>bIlughchu'.
>
>It's mentioned on the bottom of page 21 of KGT under the discussion on the
>Krotmag dialect: as /chab chu'/
>However, in the dictionary section, it is listed as just /chab/.
>- tuv'el

KGT p21:  chab chu' - new invention, latest innovation

KGT p212:  chab  -  invention, innovation (n)(slang)

chab is innovation, whereas chab chu' is new innovation.  chu' is part of it
if you want the meaning of new with it.  the chu' part is acting as it
usually does.

DloraH

Back to archive top level