tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 24 22:36:23 1998

Re: KLBC - Ha'DIbaH pub loDHom

ja' Qov:
>---"Michael H. Clawson (toQ pach puqloD)" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Ha'DIbaH pub loDHom
>> The boy boiled the meat.
>
>I unintentionally gave you what might be a slight unknown.  /pub/
>could mean boil, intransitive as in *get* to a certain temperature, or
>it could mean it transitively as in 'make boil.'  If the former you'd
>have to use /pubmoH/ instead of /pub/.  Don't worry about it for now.
>The sentence order is good.

One of the foodstuffs mentioned on an audiotape is {pubtaHbogh ghargh HIq}
"boiling wormwine".  {pub} "boil" here apparently describes something which
is boiling, not someone or something which brings something to a boil.  In
the sentence above, I think {pubmoH} is the right word.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level