tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 14 10:09:54 1998

RE: KLBC - jIpaw. jIlegh. jIchargh.

---Burt Clawson  wrote:

> > (By the way, for anyone lurking out there and cringing at the
horrible
> > abuse I'm giving tuv'el, I want to assure you that I've singled out
> > tuv'el as my special torture victim.  I just like the colour of his
> > blood).
> > ==
> >
> 	'IpHa'ghach:

"disavowal" - vIparHa'.

> qIDmey 'oH cha' mu'tlheghmey veb'e'...

qIDmey _bIH_.

> 	'IwwIj Doqqu'mo' DaparHa'ba' 'ach 'IwlIj'e' SuDqu'.  vaj
> vulqangan romuluSngan joq Darur.

/'IwwIj Doq/ - my red/orange blood
/Doq 'IwwIj/ - my blood is red/orange

Also note that while red, orange, blue yellow, green are standard
separate colours for English speakers, they are exotic variations for
Klingons.  Unless you need to distinguish between shades of Doq or
SuD, using the basic colours is more normal.  Otherwise you're doing
the equivalent of using the names off an artist's palette.  "Burnt
Sienna" or "Lake #2."  The Klingon for "red" is simply /Doq/.

> 	QongDaqchaj ghoS rorwI'oy langwI'oy je.
> 	thle' rorwI'oy 'ej DaH Heghpu' Homoy'e'.
>
> 	"Fatty and Skinny went to bed.
> 	 Fatty rolled over and Skinny was dead."

pong DachoH.

==