tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 03 21:35:26 1998

Re: wej qIDmey ('ej qID loSDIch vIchel)

---"William H. Martin" <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Jul 1998 10:36:33 -0700 (PDT) Robyn Stewart
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > latlh qID Sajatlh:
> > DujDaq tay' *Kirk*, verengan che'wI', romuluSngan che'wI',
yuQjIjDIvI'
> > che'wI' je...
> > mon DIvI'jIjQa' che'wI'.
>
> In recompiling my word lists, I somehow managed to misplace this
> word. What is the source for {DIvI'jIjQa'}? I can't find it
> anywhere.

That's charghwI''s polite way of saying, "Qov you messed up that word
so badly I have no idea what you're talking about."  I knew there were
two words for United Federation of Planets, but I didn't bother to
look either of them up. The correct words are:

yuQjIjDIvI'
yuQjIjQa'

I learned these words back before we knew that /jIj/ meant "be
cooperative" so even the first compound didn't make a lot of sense,
and just had to be memorized.  loQ qalmoHlaw' qawHaqwIj.  Hagh qoHpu'
neH HeghtaHvIS SuvwI'pu'.
==

Qov - Beginners' Grammarian