tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 30 18:00:56 1998

Re: Re: Some questions and ideas

At 11:48 98-04-30 -0700, Shaun Ault wrote:
}>We'd certainly like to know about your course, and to see you post in
}>Klingon so we can rest assured that it is the {ta' Holna'} you are
}>teaching.
}
}    *TKD*Daq pab tu'lu'bogh wImuch.  *TKD*mo' *KGT*mo' je mu'tay'maj
}wItlhap.  Hol *course*na' rur *course*maj.  maQaghbej 'ach *canon*
}wImuch 'e' wInID.

jIbel.

}}    Next, I need to clarify something.  Do Klingons use any form of
}}punctuation?  Since I know of no system other than that of English,
}I've
}}gone under the assumption that Klingon doesn't use any puntuation.
}
}>Again we don't know.  They may use different letters to represent a
}>sound at
}>the end of a sentence.  The shapes of the glyphs for -'a' (noun suffix)
}and
}>-'a' (verb suffix) may be different, making the latter a sort of
}question mark.
}
}    Dajbej.

I forgot to mention there that Mark Okrand has used punctuation including
the period, comma, semicolon, question mark, exclamation point, emphatic
underlining, and em-dash in his transcription system, and so do we on this
list, when it aids clarity.

}    qathlo'.  jIHvaD lI'qu' QaHlIj.

maHvaD lI' ghojmoHwI' chu'.  'ang'eghDI' jatlhlaHbogh DaqwI' wanI' vItIv.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level