tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 28 13:27:43 1998

Re: Israel's 50th Birthdate

From: WestphalWz <[email protected]>

>parmaqqaywI', yIntaHvIS parmaqmaj vaj yInlIjmo' yInwIjmo' je, (1)
>jIHDaq QIn baHbogh parmaq,
>tIqwIj pe'pu' 'e' chevbogh parmaq  (2)
>'ej teSwIj Duqpu'bogh parmaq'e' vItoy'choHchu'pu'.

This was completely unintelligible.  Care to try again?

>(1) Two type 5 {-mo'}s.

So?  What's wrong with that?

>(2) I have transposed the last two lines in order to put the main clause
OVS
>last.

Not being able to understand what you tried to write, or the original, I
cannot speak about this.  However, this sort of thing occasionally happens
when you're more interested in translating the *sense* of something, rather
than the literal words.  If your original is a song, then this is probably
the best way to do things.

SuStel
Stardate 98323.6

Back to archive top level