tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 28 00:32:44 1998

Re: Verb prepositional concepts

In a message dated 98-04-24 18:54:49 EDT, qoror writes:

<< ghItlh peHruS
 >I cannot reconcile {loDDaq jIqIm} to
 >mean "I pay attention to the man."  TKD 3.3.5 does say that {-Daq} means
 "to".
 >But, I think it does not fit this problem.

 This is rather sloppy thinking to my view.  TKD does NOT say that it means
 "to."  It is LOCATIVE, and can mean "to" if that "to" is locative, but it
 is obviously not a parallel to "to" in "pay attention to."
 Qapla'
 qoror >>

Please note, Marian = qoror, that you agree completely with me.  We do NOT
have differing views here.  I was pointing out how "to" is not covered by
{-Daq} in the above sentence.

peHruS

Back to archive top level