tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 27 15:11:00 1998

RE: SaqaD

jIQochbe'. This is a wonderful idea.

lab ter'eS:

>I've been trying lately to post something in Klingon weekly (I know
>I missed at least one week, when I was on vacation, but this is
>what I'm striving for).  My challenge to you is:

>If you consider yourself a regular participant on this list, commit
>yourself to posting one Klingon post a week (pagh was trying for a
>daily post for a while, but that may be too ambitious).  We'll all
>get practice writing, and we'll all have some interesting reading
>to look forward to each week.

Hoch *vummeH* jaj jIlab 'e' vInab. qaStaHvIS leSmeH jaj jIbuDchu'.
Qu'vam vIta'taHbe', 'ach qaStaHvIS Hogh puS tlhoS jIQap. wejmaHHu'
jIvumqu'nIStaHmo' nup jabbI'IDmeywIj, 'ach tlhoS rInmo' jInmol'a'wIj pIj
jIlabqa'laH. chol qep'a' 'ej maqeqnIS Hoch'e'. ghaytan HochHomvaD DuHbe'
Qu'wIj, 'ach jIngotlh jIH.

I decided to post every working day. I have not really kept it up
because work has been quite busy. Now that work is winding down
(briefly, I am sure), I am going to try again. This is certainly not
necessary for everyone - I am probably more fanatical than most.

>Post whatever you want: stories, jokes, descriptions of your
>weekend, thoughts, ruminations, whatever.  It doesn't have to
>have a plot or a punchline (but it could, if you want it to).
>Post at your level: if  you're a beginner, post simple things.
>If you are more advanced, post accordingly.  The posts don't
>have to be long; 5 - 6 sentences would be fine.

yapbej wa' mu'tlhegh neH. jabbI'ID mach yIlabvIpQo'. reH lughqangmoH
Qov. QovvaD wa' mu'tlhegh QaQ qaq law' Soch mu'tlhegh qab qaq puS. reH
laHraj yISachmoH, 'ach laHraj yIyaj je.

Even less is fine - one sentence makes a fine post. Qov is always ready
to correct, and I am sure she would prefer one good sentence to several
no so good ones. Always try to expand your abilities, but understand
your limits today as well.

>I know that charghwI', especially, has encouraged people to do
>more writing. I'm merely adding the discipline of committing
>yourself to doing it. I'm hereby renewing my committment to post
>at least one Klingon message per week, and I'm inviting you to
>do the same!

reH lugh charghwI' net Sov. tlhIngan Hol qonlu'chugh, po'choHlu'. 'ej
tlhIngan Hol jabbI'ID DIlaD 'e' wItIv. peghaq. jabbI'ID nIv labDI'
taghwI', belbej Hoch jatlhchu'wI'. (chaq nom ghojmo' taghwI' loQ
moghchoH je jatlhchu'wI' {{;-))

charghwI' is right - when you write, you will get better. And I know
everyone here likes reading the good Klingon messages that are posted.
Do your part, even it if is only a small one. A well written beginner's
message brings a smile to the face of all the skilled Klingonists
reading it.

pagh

p.s. ter'eS: KLIFlash DachenmoHmo' qatlho'. mu'tay'wIj vIDubmeH vIlo'taH
'ej Qapchu'. majQa'.

Back to archive top level