tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 27 06:00:47 1998

Correct me if I'm wrong but..

> At 03:53 98-04-25 -0700, Natahn Grange wrote:
> }
> }janlI' belHa'wI'
> }your cruel device
>
> "your [animate] device's displeased one"
>
> }[your device](found: cruel)
> }
> }one/thing who ungives pleasure
>
> bel - be pleased
> belHa' - be displeased
> belHa'wI' - one who is displeased

>pojwI' lied to me!!!!!!
>}>:-(

I doubt that the lie was intentional (ha ha)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't jan *device* a thing and so does not
merit the possesive suffix -lI' rather -lIj as it is not a being capable
of language.
pojwI' knows this and so would only show the word janlI' not the
construction jan + -lI'
I suggest you use janlIj as the construction jan + -lIj is the only
possible answer that pojwI' could pull up.

Write Back.
qelayn

Back to archive top level