tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 25 19:38:46 1998

Re: veS

mu' QujwI' jang Qov:
>}          jIpujchugh, vaj jIHoS 'e' yIDa
>}          jIHoSchugh, vaj jIpuj 'e' yIDa
>
>I understand this use of {Da} as "If I am weak, then act as if I were
>strong," and I don't mind it, but I can't guarantee Klingons would think it
>was right.  We've only seen {Da} mean "act as."

I never thought about that.  Now I'm going to be second-guessing myself
whenever I use {Da}. :-/

>Other than that you have
>two well-formatted and uncontroversial sentences with good prefixes here.

The prefixes are good -- unless they're supposed to be {bI-} instead of {jI-}:
"If you are weak, then act like you are strong" and vice versa.  When things
are grammatical and lack a greater context, it's not easy to tell if what is
said clearly is actually what was meant.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level