tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 25 16:48:45 1998

KLBC: lengmey

OK, aspects. I think the following story will give me the chance to
practise them. I'm not sure what is worse: my Klingon aspects or my
English tenses and aspects.

DaHjaj teHbogh lut Huj vIQoy.
QoQ yupma' wISuch wIneH juppu'wI' jIH je. jIHvaD jatlhtaHvIS wa' jup
pay' vay' qaw. Do'Ha' qaSDI' yupma' DachtaH. *Italy*Daq ghIQtaH. Hoch
nabchu'ta'. ngoDvam muja'taHvIS pay' latlh ngoD qaw. latlh leng
DIlnISbe'bogh Suqpu'. tlhoS poH rap Daq rapDaq je qaS lengvam. qaSmo'
leng DIlnISbe'bogh DuSaQDaq SaHnIStaHvIS jupwI', ghaHvaD qay' . DaH
wuqta'be' 'ach QoQ yupma' Suchbe'bej.

tlhIngan 'ay' vIqonta'. DaH lut vImughchoH.

Today I heard a strange true story. My friends and I wanted to visit a
concert (=music festival). While one friend was talking to me, she
suddenly remembered something. Unfortunately she will be (continuously)
absent when the festival happens. She will be (continuously) vacationing
in Italy. She has planned everything clearly. While she was telling me
that fact she suddenly remembered another fact. She has obtained another
journey which she won't have to pay for (I wanted to say "she won
another journey", but the only word for "win" I could find was
{Qap}which doesn't seem to work here.). This journey will happen almost
at the same time and to the same place (I don't know what the Klingon
sounds like, but the English is weird.). Because the journey she won't
have to pay for will happen while my friend has to be present at school,
it is a problem for her. She hasn't decided yet (=now), but she
certainly won't visit the concert.

HovqIj

Back to archive top level