tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 25 17:31:30 1998

Re: Verb prepositional concepts

At 10:41 98-04-25 -0700, Qermaq wrote:

}The true truth, in my mind, outweighs the fictional truth.

Marc *always*, in every published work, and even in personal conversation,
remains true to the fictional truth.  He'll admit things like the fact that
a particular word came about because of a subtitle change after filming, or
because an actor couldn't get the lines right, but he says it almost
secretively.  He works really hard to play the game of the fiction, so I
play it too.

}We must wait for
}MO's statement on this word <qIm> - short of that, transitive usage is, to
}me, at best premature and at worst wrong. I'll play the averages and treat
}it as intransitive only. I recommend others do the same.

I also will use qIm as intransitive until Marc Okrand indicates otherwise.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level