tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 22 22:09:36 1998

Re: vIghro'mey

In a message dated 98-04-22 07:24:59 EDT, charghwI' writes:

<< >>> vIghro'mey yIbuQQo'     tojmo' De'wI'lIjDaq porghbIQ lulIng
 >>> [Bruce Graham]
 >>
 >>  <tojmo'> vIyajchu'be'. <tojmeH> DaHech'a'?
 > ghobe'     {tojmo'} vIHechbej.

 Is the deception the cause of the action or the purpose of it?
 It doesn't make sense to me as the cause. It does make sense to
 me as the purpose. If anything, the action seems to be the cause
 of the deception. In order to trick you; for the purpose of
 tricking you, this action takes place. Because he tricks you the
 action takes place? It just doesn't sound right. Because he does
 the action, he tricks you. That sounds strange, but closer to
 being accurate.

 >>> SanIDmey ben joHHompu' chaH vIghro'pu''e' 'e' vanlu'
 >>
 >> jImIS. roD <'e' vanlu'> tamnIS <net van>, 'ach naDev <net van>
 >> vIyajbe'.
 >>
 >> vaghSanIDben joHHompu' chaHlaw'mo' vIghro'pu''e' luvanlu'.
 > jIQochbe'     qaq {net van}; qaqb'e {'e' vanlu'}.

 Do they salute that the cats are minor lords, or do they salute
 the cats which are minor lords? >>
-------peHruS continues--------

 > ghobe'     {tojmo'} vIHechbej.

 Is the deception the cause of the action or the purpose of it?
"Because the cat(s) deceive.........

{joHHom} = demigods

peHruS

Back to archive top level