tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 22 09:01:23 1998

RE: Excess (was KLBC: nobmey)

> First, I'd like to change the basic format of the sentence, to conform a
> little better with the original.
>
> potlhchugh vay' vIta'nISbogh, vIta'taH 'e' vImevQo'.
> If something which I need to accomplish is important, I won't stop
> accomplishing it.
>
> Better, I think, but it still sounds like I might stop once it's
> accomplished.
>
> potlhchugh vay' vIta'nISbogh, vIta'taH, vIta'taH, vIta'taH!
> If something which I need to accomplish is important, I am
> accomplishing it,
> I am accomplishing it, I am accomplishing it!
>
> The repeitition seems to give a sense of excess, or at least a heck of a
> lot.  What do you think?

The original ones were "If something's worth doing, it's worth doing to
ridiculous excess", as a means to convey, "if something's worth doing, it's
worth DOING."  Do I have this right?

Okay, I guess I can see where you get the idea of not stopping once it's
accomplished, but it seems to lose the focus of the original idea to me.
Might I suggest a more, well, Klingon approach?

vay' vIruchDI', jIruch jay'

...or something along those lines.

> SuStel
> Stardate 98305.7