tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 16 20:09:59 1998

RE: qaD chu'

> ----------
	jatlh Neal Schermerhorn[SMTP:[email protected]]:

> A quick count of all the 3-letter palindromes in my compiled
> dictionary
> shows that 61 of the possible 105 letter combinations are defined at
> least
> once. <b> is the only consonant to not begin (and end) a three-letter
> palindrome. All the other 20 consonants start at least one. Can you
> list all
> 61 and give at least one translation for each?

jIQujmo' muQuchmoH qaDna' Daj...

loSmaH wej vIqawlaHta'. Do'(Ha') qaDvammo' mu'tay' vIlIj 'e' vItu'.

> Don't respond with the answers - they're all in the dictionaries and
> on the
> new word page. If you accept the challenge, simply respond with how
> many you
> could come up with without cheating. Honor above all...
>
> To be fair - her's how many per consonant.
>
> b - 0 ch - 4 D - 2 gh - 4 H - 4
> j - 4 l - 2 m - 3 n - 4 ng - 2
> p - 4 q - 3 Q - 3 r - 3 S - 5 t - 3
> tlh - 3 v - 2 w - 1 y - 2 ' - 3

Minor correction - There are *four* palindromes beginning/ending with '.

> (For the record, I only could remember 24...)
>

> Qermaq

-Tad Stauffer
[email protected]

Back to archive top level