tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 08 12:18:43 1998

RE: tis the season KLBC

Qov discusses "He is risen"
> I expect that some would argue against {pep}, preferring
> {HeghHa'} or {yInqa'} - I kind of like {yInqa'} myself - but
> {pep} for me evokes the same image of literally lifting up
> as "rise" does.

I do agree that the idea of rising is quite important, but I don't think
{pep} works for it. {pep} is glossed as "raise", which (if I remember my
English correctly) can only mean raising something else. {pep'egh} would
work quite well though. There is also {Sal} ("ascend"), although that
might be reserved for the event a few days later when he "ascends into
heaven". If {Sal} does not work, {ghIrHa'} could also be considered.

pagh

Back to archive top level