tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 31 23:25:51 1996

No Subject

Mark,

I'm sitting in hospital thinking about -meH clauses (and writing in English
because my husband has to transcribe this).  I have examined the TKD phrase
(on p64) ja'chuqmeH rojHom, but I recuse the believe that ja'chuqmeH is
modifying the noun.  It is a subordinate clause to the whole sentence.  The
enemy does not want an "in-order-to-conver truce", he wants an ordinary
truce, for the purpose of conferring.

I'm getting frustrated with some of Okrand's examples through.  Too many
seem to contradict the text.  If a beginner gave me Okrand's Klingon and his
translations, I swear I'd hack most of it up, deleting a lot of 'pu's and
'taHs.  By definition, however, I must be the one who is doing it wrong.
But in that case charghwI''s lovely FAQ is all wrong on the subject of
aspect, too.  baQa'!  No wonder Mark was so quiet at qep'a', half-opened
tons of gharghmey are everywhere.

Robyn

RES/rwr
---
Qov (Robyn Stewart)   [email protected]    tlhIngan Hol ngotlhchu'wI'

Back to archive top level