tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 31 14:51:44 1996

RE: KLBC

jatlh Adam:

>  Hi Sustel.

Don't forget: my name has two capital {S}'s!  {SuStel}.

>  I already have a copy of the klingon dictionary.
>  now, how can i curse in tlhIngan Hol?(just wondering...)

Very loudly!

Ahh . . . it's fun!  TKD pages 58 and 178 give you the basics.  Words like
{Qu'vatlh} and {petaQ}.  The language tape "Conversational Klingon" teaches
some basic pronunciation by teaching you four curses, and "Power Klingon"
gives some examples of curses useful in {mu'qaDveS} "curse warfare."  The Star
Trek: Klingon CD-Rom Language Lab has an entire section devoted to curses!
Cursing is a highly-developed art form in Klingon.  Let loose and have fun!

>  O.k,how do i say "Adam" and "Hebrew" in tIhingan Hol?

"Adam" and "Hebrew."  Really.  How do you say "Klaa" (as in Captain Klaa) in
Hebrew?  Generally, it's best to leave names untouched, and just put quotes or
asterisks around them.  For example,

"David" 'oH pongwIj'e'.  "America" ngan jIH.

Don't try to transliterate, either.  It will usually get people trying to look
up a nonexistent word ("Hmmm . . . I can't find *{DeyvID} in the dictionary!"}

SuStel
Stardate 96834.8

Back to archive top level