tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 31 11:10:43 1996

Re: why....?

I study Klingon
    because my kids gave me TKD about 5 years ago
    because I'm a linguist by avocation as well as vocation
    because I'm an sf fan
    because languages are fun for me
    because Klingon is fun for me
    because it's an in-group
    because it gives me another way to be weird
    because it lets me curse satisfyingly without giving any nearby
        prudes grounds to take offense
    because I've always made a hobby of pronouncing the difficult
        and saying the unspeakable
        (can you say "highly paid* stunt linguist"?)
    because my motto is "de langues tant, de temps si peu"
        ("so many languages, so little time")
        So why am I wasting my time on this one?
        See all of the above.

* Not really for tlhIngan Hol, except on special occasions.

     marqem, tlhIngan veQbeq la'Hom -- Heghbej ghIHmoHwI'pu'!
Subcmdr. Markemm, Klingon Sanitation Corps -- Death to Litterbugs!
**              Mark A. Mandel : [email protected]             **
    Dragon Systems, Inc. : speech recognition : +1 617 965-5200
 320 Nevada St., Newton, MA 02160, USA : http://www.dragonsys.com/
          http://www.dragonsys.com/klingon/klingon2.html

Back to archive top level