tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 31 11:12:38 1996

Re: Halloween / "Heghlu'wI' jaj" ?

>>> Stretching a bit, I thought perhaps "Day of the Dead":
>> Not good. "Halloween" means "All Hallow's Eve", i.e. the night before
>> the day of all the holy (honored?) ones.
>
> Um. Believe it or not, I know the derivation of Halloween.
> I skewed off to the Hispanic variant, the Day of the Dead
     Um yourself.  I know that it's called "Day of the Dead", but I think "Day
of the Honored Ones" sounds so much more Klingon. :)

>> "Heghlu'wI' jaj"
>>> ghobe'. "Hoch quvwI' jaj" yIlo'.
>
> HIra'Qo'qu'.  vItlhobbe'ta'.
bItIqmoH 'e' DachID.  <chaq> Dajatlh.  mu'vetlh Dalo'mo', latlh qechmey
Datlhoblaw'.  qara' 'e' yIQubQo'.  jIchup neH.  DungDaq yIghoS!

[note: DungDaq yIghoS = "Get over it"]

taDI'oS vIq, law'wI'pu'vaD Holtej jIH
| Thaddaeus Vick, Linguist to the Masses |    [email protected]  -or-    |
|                                        |     [email protected]      |
| gules on a saltire argent voided azure |                           |
| thirteen mullets of the second. Yeeha. | http://www.crl.com/~dvick |