tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 31 06:39:42 1996

Re: KLBC - Trick or Treat

SuStel ghitlh...

> maHvaD Soj bonobbe'chugh vaj maral!
>
> The original was "Food or violence!"  (It was a great hit with families.

> Really!)  There didn't seem to be any misunderstanding about what sort of
food
> we meant . . .
>
> It's a bit long for trick-or-treating.  One should probably clip it:
>
> Soj nobbe'chugh maral!

My  tlhIngan Hol is getting a bit baSDoq (rusty) from non use (and I see to
fluency level of my Klin brethren has risen considerably), but I would
submit the following ...

nob  nob vaj mojrup! ... Give a gift  or be prepared!

(Hopefully I have not dishonored myself with poor grammar)

I felt the  phrase should have a child-like quality and should be as short
as possible.

K'pach epetaI jubchuQun
(former Legion Com. Officer for KLAW (Lieutenant Cmdr)

Back to archive top level