tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 29 20:31:47 1996

Re: KLBC: subject, date and recipient

At 18:48 29/10/96 -0800, Thorwald Peters wrote:
}Savan, pabpo'pu'!

I'm not a pabpo'qoq and I'm not the BG either, but I wanna get in on all the
KLBC claim-jumping fun.  Besides, I'm bigger than trI'Qal and have more teeth.

}He'd like to know tlhIngan translations for the following words:
}
}About (Subject). As in "... and ... talked about ..."
}on (Date)
}to (Recipient).
}
}I've looked in TKD to find it myself first, but I could not }find anything.
Closest I came was "below" and "beneath".

You are constraining your search to prepositions. Relax. Think about the
meaning.

The subject could be what (nuq:) you are talking about, the reason (meq:) or
the label (per:) for the transmission.

Recipient (HevwI':) could also be whom it's for ('IvvaD:) or maybe it
transmits to his/her location (lI':).

The date on a letter could be the time (poH:), when (ghorgh:) it was sent,
or the day (jaj:)

These don't add up to grammatical sentences when you add the information in
the blank, but neither does the English. Until someone comes up with a
Klingon secretarial handbook, these are my guesses.
---
Qov (Robyn Stewart)   [email protected]    tlhIngan Hol ngotlhchu'wI'

Back to archive top level