tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 29 15:21:22 1996

RE: KLBC - Trick or Treat

This is a translation of something we used to say on Halloween when I was
hanging around with SCAdians:

maHvaD Soj bonobbe'chugh vaj maral!

The original was "Food or violence!"  (It was a great hit with families.
Really!)  There didn't seem to be any misunderstanding about what sort of food
we meant . . .

It's a bit long for trick-or-treating.  One should probably clip it:

Soj nobbe'chugh maral!

I don't know exactly how a Klingon would clip it, so I took away only what I
though added little to the sentence.  The {ma-} prefix was kind of important,
though.

Personally, I think a Klingon would just walk up to a house, ring the
doorbell, point his disruptor at the person who answers the door, and say,
{Soj HInob!}  Or perhaps, more appropriately, {yuch HInob!}  If they don't
have chocolate, well, that's a shame . . .

SuStel
Stardate 96829.4

Back to archive top level