tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 29 13:50:55 1996

Re: The FAQ section 3.5 -- charghwI' !?!

As a practical matter, then, how do you say things like "How do you
say..." or "I said...".  consider the following exchange:

SuvwI' wa'DIch:  chay' yaSvaD bIjatlh?
SuvwI' cha'DIch:  jIjatlh.  bIjatlh 'e' yImev.
wa'DIch: bIjatlh 'e' vISov, 'ach jIjatlh 'e' vImevQo'.  chay' yaSvaD bIjatlh?
cha'DIch:  bIjatlh 'e' yImev.  jIjatlh.
wa'DIch: jIjatlhtaH jay'!  chay' bIjatlh?

(and so forth, the Klingon equivalent of "Who's on first?")

I know some people don't like to sully Klingon discussions with issues
like practicality, but some of us want a language we can actually use.
If you want to study an unintelligible language, why not switch to Lojban?

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level