tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 26 07:37:12 1996

Re: Words from the wild (was Re: Par'Mach is ...)

>[email protected] wrote:
>>
>> Please stop sending me e-mail
>>
>> Thank you
>
>Please check the header in your e-mail...it gives you instructions about
>unsubscribing from the list...
>
>Qapla'

I have learned that all mail processors do not handle headers the same.
:-(

The mail program that this poor guy is using may *NOT* include the line
about how to unsubscribe at all.  Some mail programs do not include
the "From:" line of the original sender of the post -- merely the
listserv address.  Maybe you should poll the list to see what lines
they actually do recieve.  I also know that the contents of the header
also varies from the mail program that sent the post.  The unsubscribe
message does not show up in all posts.  FYI, I use plain old unix mail (tm)

tevram
[email protected]

Back to archive top level