tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 22 17:58:36 1996

Re: Kordite's Metal Things

la'Hom qorDayt writes:
>        qorDayt Dochmey baS
>
>In this case, baS <metal> is placed as if it were an adjective.  This is not
>gramatically proper if it were a sentence or a phrase but since it is a proper
>name, of sorts, I thought it would be acceptable as such.

My first thought is {qorDayt baS Dochmey} "Kordite's things of metal".
That's not quite the right meaning of "of", but with the "it's a name"
argument, I can accept it.  Indeed, I have no problem proposing it!

Bonus [or not]: the words are in the same order as the English, which
makes it that much easier for the reader of the business card to figure
it out.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level