tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 22 12:54:22 1996

Re: Words from the wild (was Re: Par'Mach is ...)

At 06:56 AM 10/22/96 -0700, Joel Anderson wrote:
>As I've noted before - more people are likely to learn
>and know "par'mach" than "bangwI' SoH" or "qa'muSHa'";
>why not accept it gracefully?  Instead of appearing
>to be some kind of nerdy crank, be ready to talk about
>what it *might* mean, and then seque into what we
>REALLY know from TKD et al?  Works for me.

pItlh! (Okay!)

If we analyzed it in respect to all the other <mu'mey tlhIngan>, we would
find that, as even beginners notice, that there should not be an apostrophe
(') between the two consonants (according to what we know of <tlhIngan Hol>).

To me it is just jibberish, but maybe someone could come up with a
reasonable explanation as to why it appears to say "small dislike". I can
only add one possible definition of this phrase: "The person SLIGHTLY
dislikes the other person." That is not anything close to "love"; but at
least they cracked open TKD.

vuvnISqu'lu'
tlhIngan De' chu'vaD:
http://www.spectranet.ca/~dviper/tlhIngan