tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 21 06:47:55 1996

Learning tlhingan Hol and Dr. Suess

nuqneH,

I have just started learning tlhingan Hol, and was wondering what was a
good way to learn it(besides trying to use it in everyday life)???  I was
thinking about possibly getting childern books,i.e. Dr. Suess, and
translating it and reading childern books to get a better grasp of
klingon.

Also I started translating a fairly simple poem to see if I could figure
out how to translate into klingon. With this being my first try I would
like as many comments as possible that could help me.

I know you				qaSov
You were to short			(I found nothing in the TKD that was similar to short)
You had bad skin			DIr bIqab
You couldn't speak to them very well	majQa' tIjatlhQo'
They lied when they came out of your mouth	nuj nIHurvo'DI' nep'e'

Thats all I have done so far, am I even close to proper translations???

2 Lt. Jr. Grade jevqu' De'Hal

Don't you know we got smart bombs?
Its a good thing that our bombs are clever.
Don't you the smart bombs are so clever;
they only kill bad people now
	-Boingo, Smart Bombs
Zelf the Worox mail:[email protected]
         URL:http://www.acm.und.nodak.edu/~andbrown