tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 21 06:56:22 1996

Re: Unspecified head nouns

> Date: Mon, 21 Oct 96 04:15:53 UT
> From: "David Trimboli" <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Unspecified head nouns

>Sorry for the roundabout explanation; I'm a bit excited!  Whaddya think?
>{Dajatlhbogh vIyajbe'.  yIjatlhqa'.}

You wanna know what I think?

QI'yaH! :-)

I'd be interested to see if you'll start recommending I use this form in Much
Ado, SuStel! :-) And of course, Qov now has imprimatur to use it.

But I don't like it. No sir. I'd be interested to see if embedded-relativiser
languages on Earth have headless nouns, actually... (Which means I should get
around to reading Christian Lehmann's 1000-page German monograph on
relativisers. *sigh*)

--
Nick Nicholas  Linguistics, Uni. Melbourne  Dera me xhama t"e larm"e,
[email protected]       Dera mbas blerimit

Back to archive top level