tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 19 10:36:55 1996

tlhIngan Hol in "Looking for par'Mach..."

Ignoring the word <par'mach> itself (I'm an amateur, but isn't it wrong
to have an apostrophe betwen two consonants?), has any of the more
experienced students, or more importantly, speakers, translated the
<tlhIngan Hol> used?  Particualrly the ritual mating-challenge thing
betweeen Dax and Worf near the end?  Or, does anyone have any comments
about the pronunciation, etc. of said <Hol>?  I know there is a
widely-held opinion that Paramount Klingon is not true Klingon, but did
they get it right *this* time?  I'm far too inexperienced to even think
about translation or pronunciation issues, especially since I didn't
tape the episode to check back with.

-McReynolds

Back to archive top level