tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 18 06:37:03 1996

Re: Par'Mach???

toH!  "Par'Mach" 'oHbe' verengan mu''e'

 "Par'Mach" 'oH cha' wotmey 'e'

 "par" + "mach"

-----------------

Par'Mach is NOT a Ferengi word, and if you'll forgive
the odd look of it, it seems as good as our standby
for love "muSHa'".  To me, it is an ironic construction
(yes, a compound verb, something we've never seen before,
right?) "dislike" (par) + "be little" (mach).

To beat my canon-drum, once again,  like it or not, it
IS a canonical word.

I liked the story that went with it... kind of Trek does
Cyrano.....

 joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]
 mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'
   http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon  [email protected]
   GALACTIC LANGUAGES: [email protected]