tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 18 07:05:32 1996

wo' tay'vaD cha'vatlh tlhIngan puqpu' tu'lu'

jIHvaD jabbI'Idvam ngeHta' puqbe'wI'.
wo' tay'vaD tlhIngan puqpu' law' law'qu'law' vulqangan puqpu' law'
puSqu'law'.

     marqem, tlhIngan veQbeq la'Hom -- Heghbej ghIHmoHwI'pu'!
Subcmdr. Markemm, Klingon Sanitation Corps -- Death to Litterbugs!
**              Mark A. Mandel : [email protected]             **
    Dragon Systems, Inc. : speech recognition : +1 617 965-5200
 320 Nevada St., Newton, MA 02160, USA : http://www.dragonsys.com/
=> KLINGON PAGE! http://www.dragonsys.com/klingon/klingon2.html <=

  -------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 01:23:57 +0100 (BST)

In the UK racial classifications other than the ten-yearly census
are by statute 'voluntary and for the purpose of monitoring only.'

Anyway, I recently had to fill in a form with regards to my son's
healthcare provision (I won't bore you with the details) and it
had one of these 'voluntary and for the purpose of monitoring
only' racial/ethnic classification forms with it. As usual it had
a list of options plus an 'Other: please specify' line.

I looked over at my son and saw that he was attempting to
disassemble the stereo system by hitting it with the business end
of his milk bottle so I ticked OTHER and specified KLINGON.

Fast forward a week, I'm down the clinic with my small Klingon boy
for his Rubella and other assorted injections when the clinic
administrator asked me whether I was really serious about
labelling my son a Klingon. I asked if this would be a problem and
she said: 'Oh no, we already have over 200 Klingon children on the
books but for some reason only two Vulcans.'

Ben Aaronovitch
[email protected]

Back to archive top level