tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 16 17:20:55 1996

"The ship is made of metal"

I am relatively new to Klingon, but it seems that there is a better
translation than the cumbersome one offered by Mark Shoulson. I was thinking
that if you can say "Metal composes that ship" in English you might be able
to say it in Klingon. I just am not sure what is the appropriate word to use
for "composes" or "makes up." I was thinking something like ngoSHa', ghom,
Qaw'Ha', or anything else like this, to make "baS ngoSHa' Duj'e'". Is this a
feasible solution?

-Adrian K
                 \|||||/
                 ( o o )
|------------oOOo--( )--oOOo--------------|  "Duct tape is like the force ...
|               WWW page:                 |   it has a light side, and a dark
|     http://www.jwp.bc.ca/peregrine      |   side, and it holds the universe
|                E-Mail:                  |   together."
|          [email protected]            |

Back to archive top level