tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 09 20:54:59 1996

Re: Translation

>Could someone please tranlslate the name Rene utilizing the Klingon alphbet.

I'm not sure what you mean by a translation.  If you mean a
transliteration, that is, keeping the same pronunciation (more or less)
but spelling it in {tlhIngan Hol}, then I would go for {reney}.

But, if you mean truly to translate the meaning, and the meaning you mean
(sorry, I couldn't help that!) is from the French, "reborn", then I would
suggest {cha'logh boghpu'}.  IMHO, that's a pretty cumbersome name, even
for a Klingon!  Maybe you should consider using something completely
different.  BTW, it's not uncommon to find, when translating from one
language to another, that what is compact and easy to say in one tongue is
awkward as heck (or at least not as elegant) in another one.

Qapla'

qrlIH veStaySortlhIH Sogh la'       Lt. Commander K'rlikh Vestai-Shor-Klikh
tlhIngan wo' Duj qIj leng rawI'     Commanding Officer, IKV Black Odyssey
Qanpu' pogh DuQ cha'DIch ra wI'     Deputy C.O., Mailed Glove Squadron

a.k.a.

--
Denny Shortliffe

Back to archive top level