tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 07 13:27:23 1996

Re: Klingon Symbol

At 06:06 AM 10/7/96 -0700, Susan Farmer wrote:
[snip
>...Perhaps the Trillium is a "sacred" plant to the Klingon
>culture -- we know that various things are centered around 3.  The
>organians knew this and that's why Spock was a dealer in Kevas and
>Trillium -- things that would be valuable to Kor.

But seeing as out of millions of possible planets that exist in the galaxy,
why would the Trillium of the thousands of flowers that grow on Earth grow
on Qo'noS? It just doesn't make sense -- if a species is different on every
planet (like it should be -- the odds are very much in that favour) -- then
why would the plants of which there are thousands of varieties (Susan, can
you give an estimate?) exist on another planet?

The odds are waaayyy less that the same plant will exist on another planet
as well compared to the odds of one species inhabiting another planet (in
which the Star Trek universe other than colonisation I cannot recollect
having ever seen the same species on more than one planet).

>Shamrocks for Ireland, Trillium for the Klingon Empire.  :-)

Maybe the symbol is a good luck charm as you suggest? :)

vuvnISqu'lu'
http://www.spectranet.ca/~dviper/tlhIngan
(rInHa')