tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 30 15:30:18 1996

Re: KLBC: *IRA*

ghItlh ghunchu'wI:
>>tlhIngan HolwIj vIjatlh
>
>"I speak my Klingon language."  This comes out much more awkward in
>English than it is in Klingon

To: beHwI''av,

How about:

{HolwIj vIjatlh, tlhIngan Hol} "I speak my language, <the> Klingon Language"
{HolwIj vIjatlh, tlhInganpu' Hol} "I speak my language, klingons' language"

{HolwIj vIjatlh, HolwIj 'oH tlhIngan  Hol'e'} "I speak my language.  My language
is the Klingon Language"

or perhaps, taking out the {-wIj} from {Hol} to have "I speak <a> language..."

I know it is probably more than you wanted or perhaps too large, but it's
something to think about...

Qapla'
-chIya'ghu

Back to archive top level